Monday, September 10, 2007

"It's Not Fair!"

"Life Isn't Fair" -- Lecture #1:

"I know it's not fair! But life isn't fair and that's just the way it is! There are lots of things in life that just aren't fair and you can just deal with it."

At some point in your life you have shrieked, screamed, whimpered or whispered, "But it's not fair...!" Some of us tend to say this more often than others... *guilty grin*

I know that life isn't fair. The above Lecture puts it pretty well. Lots of things just aren't fair, and never will be. That's life. If everything was equal and perfect, life would be B-O-R-I-N-G. It may be fair, but then it just wouldn't be life, now would it?

Having that said, we are still human, and we still have to complain. Especially us teenage humans. We have the right! I know that Jesus wants us to not complain among many other things I do, but I'm not perfect and sometimes I forget about Jesus' laws and commandments. And sometimes I just need to blow off some steam- sometimes I even complain to Jesus so that I can just get it off of my heart and mind and therefore be rid of yet another sin.

There are more important things going on in this world than what I talk, blab, and/or complain about. There are so many more unfair things than what I claim is unfair. Innocent people are dying and getting killed, to name only one. And I do feel really guilty complaing about such petty issues as my own. And I do pray, every day, for those people; but I can't be completely unselfish, no matter how hard I try, things going on in my life are still important to me, and I still feel the need to... VENT.

Bro, a Junior in highschool, has recently started college classes at a local college. Basic Algebra. He has class Tuesdays and Thursdays and each lesson is assigned approximately (give or take a couple) a mere 20 problems. Unbelievable! It's college! Come ON! I'm only a Freshman and I have 30 problems per DAY. He has 40 per WEEK.

I complain about lots of petty things- doing dishes, laundry, bathing the dog, tidying up the yard, the list goes on. But honestly; this is complain worthy, is it not? I have way more algebra than he does!

Like I said, I know that life isn't fair. But the purpose of this blog is to say what is on my mind. And what is on my mind right now?


IT JUST ISN'T FAIR!!!

No comments: