Monday, October 20, 2008

PALIN! WOOT!

Well I guess I better blog. Since somebody is calling me a slacker.
Which is not only totally untrue... But not appreciated, my friend; not. appreciated.

So we had a pretty hectic weekend. Saturday about 10:00 we headed out to Abilene for my cousin Bethany's wedding. We got there, checked into the hotel, said 'hi' to my Aunt Deanna and Uncle Bruce (my favorite relative BTW) and then we went to HEB in search of some jam Mama likes, but returned empty-handed. As Daddy would say... it was a 'dry run'. =P Then we changed into our wedding clothes. Mine consisted of a green sweater, a pair of black dress pants that were like 2 sizes too big and about to fall off my butt, and a pair of too-tight black slides. Haha. No worries... after the ceremony, I was allowed to change into jeans and Fat Babys. YEAH.

It was a beautiful ceremony. They had it underneath trees, right at sunset, it was green all around with cattle in pastures on both sides, oh it was perfect. They stood underneath an arch with candles, there was a guy about my age playing piano and singing, it was very cool.

Then I changed. YAY. And went to eat a supper of cole slaw, mashed potatoes, beans, brisket, sausage and bread. Tasty. I ate at a table with Mama, Daddy, Tyler, Uncle Bruce, and my three little cousins. Jake (10), Jade (8), and Jace (6). Then we all sat around for like... an hour. =P They were playing good music, but everybody was waiting for the newlyweds to dance first. It's just tradition I reckon.

They finally came out- oh and by the way Bethany had a gorgeous dress, and Patrick looked handsome himself. =] The colors were like cream and chocolate brown; the bridesmaid's were like silk, chocolate brown, with cream waist ribbons.

Their dance was to "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait and "Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy?" by Chris LeDoux and Garth Brooks. Good songs! Sara and I have agreed that we like "I Cross My Heart" and "Keeper Of The Stars" for wedding songs.

Anywhosie. They played the father-daughter dance for Bethany and Uncle Bert (who I hadn't seen since I was about 7!!!) and that was "Stealing Cinderella" by Chuck Wicks. I LOVE that song. And then there was the mother-son dance which was "I'll Always Be Your Mother" by I have no idea who. I thought it was a terrible song. Lol. But anyway... And then there was the "Dollar Dance". HA... Like somebody would pay a buck or a few bucks to dance with Bethany, or Patrick. Then somebody else would come up, pay, and steal the bride or groom to dance with. It went on for like 3 songs! They had to see how much money they each made, and the money was gonna go to a good cause. Bethany made $48 and Patrick made $36.

Then they commenced with all the regular dances. I danced like 4 times with Jade, haha. And then like 3 times with Kiley, my 19 year old cousin (he's at Texas A&M) like 3 times... And then Tyler once, and Daddy twice. They played good music! Some Texas Country like "Wrangler Butts" (Aaron Watson), "Shutup And Dance" (Aaron Watson), and "Wear My Wring" (Bart Crow Band). And they played a really cool A&M song by Ranger Smith about "The 12th Man" and all. It was very cool too.

SO then we went home and went to bed. I couldn't go to sleep until about 1:00 TX time. We got up 6:00 TX time and were outta there by 7:00 TX time; 6:00 ours. We ended up stopping at McDonald's for breakfast. They have nasty regular meals, but I dare say their breakfast is dang good. Daddy got sausage McMuffin with coffee. Tyler got these 2 burritos with orange juice. Mama got this one big burrito, and I got an egg McMuffin (w/ hashbrown) with an iced coffee which was VERY delicious. Mmmm..

We got home about 11:00. We unloaded our stuff, ate a quick lunch, then Tyler loaded up in his truck to go to town and get Jed (a friend from NMMI) and go to the PALIN RALLY! Mama and I went in the Ford.

I guess I should explain. Yesterday afternoon Sarah Palin made an appearance at the air port and tickets were free. Auntie L. went, and Auntie M. and Sara and them, lotsa people I know. But there was SO many people I couldn't find em all. I could see John (Jennifer's hubby) and Randall across the fence- they're tall, lol. I finally caught Nathan's eye (sitting on poor Buck's shoulders) and was able to wave to Sara.

When we first got there (it was in a hanger, but we had to stand outside it by the fence they had put up) we saw Mr. Hett, Tyler's guitar teacher, and his wife. We basically stood there for like 40 minutes. I then saw Nelson (a friend of Tyler's) and Adam (another buddy) and Ty (a guy from 4H) standing not far off. So off I go! Haha so for 3 hours... I hung out with them. This girl named Rachel came up, and Camille for short periods, and Molly was there. We were quite the bunch. Ha. I got tired of standing and sat down leaning against Rachel's legs, and Nelson poured water on my head!!

MY HEAD!
How rude!!!

See I had straightened it before we left for the wedding because I was too lazy to wash and style it. I didn't have time to mess with it before the rally, so it was straight. "I'm gonna have POODLE HAIR now Nelson!" And then I hit him in the shoulder. LOL. And he's all "Yeah well, no offense, but you look better with curly hair anyway, so I did you a favor."

Whatever. -glare-
Later he told me he didn't recognize me at first. LOL he had never seen my hair straightened, and I was wearing sunglasses I never had around him before. He said "I thought you were some New York photographer or something who had mistaken me for a model!" LOL. Wow...

So yeah it was fun. The best part was, I didn't know Hank Williams JR. was putting on a concert!!!! YEAH it was awesome!! I got some pictures, but I wasn't very close to the podium, so they weren't great. And when Palin finally came my camera died. =[ She was only on for like 30 minutes, it was disappointing. But it was awesome to see her! Afterwards, Mama- well I'll let her tell you. =]

Anyway. I'll try and post pics later. For now... I'm gonna go... Do something... I dunno. I'm tired. I couldn't sleep well lastnight. I was getting ready for bed, got a phone call, so stayed up a little longer then had this massive headache (I blame the person I was talking to!!!) ha so anyway.

I'm going now. Adios!

1 comment:

Sara said...

ha...hahaha... HAHA I know who the phone callll was frooom ;-) hehe. wrangler butts is pretty much the most awesomest song EVER :D