Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bibles, Shades & Gloss

Oh dear. I fear I have begun to neglect my blogger responsiblities. So I reckon I had best write something before the neglect writhes out of control!

Yesterday was a town day. -sigh- We haven't been going much, since piano and everything is out. But we were in dire need of some groceries, and I had to get some stuff. It had been quite some time since I had been able to get to the bank, and I really needed to get there. I withdrew [is that a word?] some money- I paid Mama what I owed her and took some of my own. Then Mama went to the post office to send some things. I then had to go to Hastings, in search of a Bible. I have a hardback Teen Bible, NIV, but I have been wanting a smaller, leather-bound Bible minus the devotions and commentary. Leather bound, so it can stand up to wear and tear longer. Smaller, for easier carry-around and traveling size. And without other wording because, well, sometimes when I open a Bible and start reading I just want to be reading God's word and nobody else's, and when there is commentary and such, I feel like I'm not relying on God's word completely. It's a bit difficult to explain. Anyways, no luck at Hastings. On to Target where Mama got a friend a birthday present and I tried on some clothes. We are going to San Antonio this summer, and a ranch gal's everyday wardrobe simply isn't 'appropriate' for a large city such as San Antonio. It gets very hot and humid there anyway, so I picked up this pair of little khaki like... pedal-pushers. They aren't quite capris, they only reach my knees. Anyway, got that out of the way.

On to Office Max. Where we got an external hardrive. Our computer is about 5 years old and we have a lot of pictures and music on it, and some of Tyler’s games, and it is COMPLETELY full. This thing should solve a lot of our problems. Oh, and I got a little 3 pack of pens. They are like little gel pens, but they are non-smear ink pens. Any of you who write in your Bible would understand my dilemma; with regular pens, you will start to underline a verse, and a big blob of ink comes out and you have to blot it out, it is extremely frustrating. But if you use a highlighter, it goes through. Unless you get Bible highlighters, available at Hastings or the Christian Bookstore, but I don’t really like using highlighters anyway. But if you use like a felt-tip or gel pen, it smears. What is a Bible-underlining chick to do?!?! Go to Office Max and get non-smear pens! I used them lastnight and this morning, work like a charm. =D

Anyway. Then on to the Christian Bookstore when I searched around a little bit and found a Bible. It’s two-tone leather, I really like it. Plus it was cheaper than same-brand ones at Hastings! Yay! Got my Bible, pens, and khaki capris. On to…. PetCo!

I used to love PetCo. But since I got my little hammies I spend so much money there, I hate it. Well not hate. But I don’t like spending money! I spent a lot of money yesterday, but oh well. Mama bought my pens and capris by the way- isn’t she awesome?! =D But I have decided that if I wasn't spending money on innocent little critters, I would be spending it on myself, and I definitely don't need to do that. If it's for the benifit of animals, I'll give in. So there I got some Aspen bedding, food, chews, and a tube for Dex. Which will all last a very long time, so I won't need to go there for a while.

On to WalMart! We spent like 2 hours in WalMart, we had two baskets, it was ridiculous. We had to get alot of bathroom stuff and some shotgun shells. At WalMart I picked up this simple little brown dress thing, some realyl cute khaki pants, and a short-sleeved hoodie thing that I LOVE. I love love love hoodies, and this is the new style I guess, I love them. When I have more time I need to go back in there and get some more of those because I really like those. Oh, and we went kind of crazy on the snacks. As in crackers and granola bars and stuff, yeah. Mmmmm.

So we are all set! Sam's for a block of cheese, and homeward bound!

Oh and I got some cool shades at WalMart too! Aviator glasses, heck yeah. =D 10 bucks!! Baha. Oh and I got some lipgloss. Haha okay I know I know, I am not a city person, but I do like lipgloss, I really must admit. But hey, I don't wear globs of lipstick, or eyeshadow or eyeliner or even foundation, so let a girl have her lip gloss!!!

So I got a new Bible, some cool shades and strawberry lipgloss- I'm ready to take on the world! Hehe.

I will now leave you with an excellent passage. I am going to read through my Bible, starting with Psalms and Romans; about 2 chapters in Romans per day, and 3 or 4 in Psalms. [One Romans in the morning, on the evening, one or two of Psalms in the morning, one or two in the evening.] And this morning I started Chapter 2. This passage is definitely something we should all think about.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will espcape God's judgment?
-Romans 2:1-3
Have a wonderful Tuesday, everybody!! =D
\m/>.<\m/ [<--Haha do you see it? "Rock on!!"]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very productive day! :)