Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunset Pictures...

So we have absolutely phenomenal sunsets/sunrises here in the desert wasteland of NM. We have had some more beautiful than the one which I snapped a few pics of yesterday evening, and I will try to capture some of these glorious views in the future. For now, these shall do for your viewing enjoyment.

Before I post them... A little preface on the pictures. I was doing math, on my desk which happens to be in front of the window facing West. I looked up, noticed the setting sun... That's nice, I thought. Just another sunset. I did a few problems, looked back up, and my goodness! Land's sakes, it was beautiful! The sun just hits a certain point where it sends brilliant beams of rich colors into the sky. So what could I do but run for my camera and dash outside. I knew this moment would not last long, so I hopped the yard fence, and raced through the pasture gate, up the side of the dirt tank, and ahhhh! Beautiful. The colors were gleaming off the water, but I didn't catch that very well in the pictures. I tried to get the ducks on the water in the pictures as well, but alas, they were spooked by my mad-woman race to the pond. I started snapping immediately and heard Momma behind me... "Caitlin? What- oh how pretty!" Yes, the Camera Woman snatched up her camera as well and came to the scene, but these are the pictures I got. She has one of those fancy shmancy SLR's with the mega zoom and all... It's fun to mess with, but I like mine because it's simple. I don't have to set modes or anything on it, I can just go out and start snapping when I need to. It may not take the best pictures, but I thought these turned out pretty fine, and I feel as if I captured wonderful display of God's hand at work in his master creation. It's like... He decided to put up a piece of artwork, for a few brief seconds, for us to enjoy, against the plain blue canvas we see day-to-day. Something small to the mind, but so geat to the heart. A glorious surprise to delight in and bring joy to His children. =)



While I'm at it, I figured it would be very nice if I began to put a quote, or Scripture, or some song lyrics, in each post. I'm tired of the same ole same ole. Change things up a bit, something to look forward to when you visit my blog. Today, it shall be a Scripture. I know I put like 5 or 6 in my previous post today, but that doesn't count. So here. One of my absolute favorites, like... top 3.


2 Corinthians 12: 9-19

But he said to me, "My grace is made perfect in weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


Just a little something to dig into and ponder and pray over. =)


Enjoy the pictures!


In His Grip,

---Ranch Kiddo.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!