Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mouselet

Algebra. Somebody needs only to speak the word and I reply with a grimace and a cringe. Below, are my favorite subjects, in order.



  1. Writing
  2. Literature
  3. German
  4. Vocabulary
  5. Science
  6. History
  7. Algebra

I won't get into all the subjects and why or why not I like them. Algebra is my main complaint this morning. First of all, recall when in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that algebra has the words algie and bra in it and therefore is obviously disgusting, even for one who has never performed equations from it. Also- mathematics are supposed to only involve numbers. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, 1, 79, 1,052, 17! Not "n", "x", or "c". Or pi. What's up with that? I mean, why do they call it pi? It makes no sense. None at all. And whoever came up with it couldn't spell, or perhaps they were never taught the existence of the silent e in English.

The other day I was simply furious at my algebra book and just about ready to rip it to pieces and burn each and every individual shred. It would have felt good, oh so good.

What would not have felt so wonderful was when Mom would make me take money out of my own bank account to pay for a new one, to replace the one I attacked with arson.

That would actually be rather painful.

Back on subject. So I was texting Sara and I begged her to come and save me- she replied with "I wish i could! I would come save u if i could drive!" You don't need to drive Sara! Fly over in your spaceship!

What's that? You don't have one? Ohhhh- don't you dare lie to me young lady! I know it's hidden over there- now come save me!

Okay, I think my rant is over now.

We had a total of 18 kittens earlier this year (spring)- we have about 15-20 mature cats hanging around and an extra 10 six-month old kittens that come and attack us whenever we step out the door. They're positively vicious, I tell you. But three of our momma cats got bred again this year- I suspect 4 but I can't find the wild cat's litter, only the tame ones. I suspect they were all bred by a grey & white tabby tom.

I won't waste time telling you about all of them, as I can only really get my hands on one litter. The other two are in places where they can escape from me and therefore I have not grown especially attached to them. But one litter, Jenny's litter, are currently my pride and joy. They are about 4 or 5 weeks old, already crawling all over boxes and play-fighting each other in the shop. One has paticularly stole my heart.

He has a black tail, a black spot on his side, and a black head, and the rest of his body is white. Now, at first, I thought it was a girl, so I named it something not-so-macho. He has a very different look to him than the other 3 kittens from his litter. He has this curious, inquisitive, innocent face that I just can not resist- he looks just like a little mouse, I swear. His little face just imitates that of a baby mouse. So I call him Mouse- like I said, not so macho. But that's okay- it fits him.

Yesterday I was crooning and cuddling the little thing (I guess I'm sucking all the "macho"/"tom-cat-ness" out of him) and calling him, "Baby Mouse". And I got to thinking. What do they call baby mouses? Er, I mean mice. I mean- there are foals for horses, calves for cows, chicks for chickens, puppies for dogs, and kittens for cats. But what do they call baby mice? Mouselets? That's as near as I can guess.

The kittens are sucking their poor mommas dry. I'd better go feed the hungry little monsters.

And cuddle my little Mouselet.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hmmm... I wonder what they do call baby mice...

Ranch Kiddo said...

Haha, I have NO clue. Hmmm... sounds like a job for Google... =P